32.2 C
Lagos
Saturday, November 27, 2021

Telecom networks shutdown in Zamfara at behest of military ~Pantami

- Advertisement -spot_imgspot_img

The minister of communications and digital economy, Isa Pantami has stated that telecommunications service were shut down in North West Zamfara State was as a result of request from security institutions to enhance strategies.

Last week, the National Communication Commission (NCC) ordered that telecom firms shut down their network in Zamfara to aid the prosecution of the ongoing military campaign against terrorist in the state.

Pantami statement came against the backdrop of claimed that he was responsible for the telecom network shut down in the state.

The minister indicates that the government is willing to take any action including compromising economic benefits to render full support towards the security of the country.

READ ALSO: ECOWAS suspends Guinea, demands return to constitution order

Although he declined to disclose if same measure would extend to other states affected by banditry, he pleaded for greater support towards the security agencies to deliver on their mandate.

It will be recalled that mobile telephone networks were shut down in Zamfara state on Monday, after authorities ordered a telecoms blackout to aid the armed forces tackle banditry in the area.

Meanwhile, the Zamfara State Government said it has incepted vehicles conveying food, drinks and fuel to various bandit camps in the state.

The government said it had also arrested no fewer than 100 violators of Governor Bello Matawalle’s Executive Order to restore law and order in the state.

Matawalle had established the Special Taskforce to enforce measures to address the lingering security challenges of mass kidnapping for ransom and cattle rustling by gunmen facing the state.

- Advertisement -spot_imgspot_img
Latest news
- Advertisement -spot_img
Related news
- Advertisement -spot_img