LASEMA says fire at Adele market destroys millions of goods
The Lagos State Emergency Agency (LASEMA) on Sunday said a fire outbreak at Adeniji Adele has destroyed goods worth millions of naira.
The emergency agency said in a statement that the fire, which engulfed about 14 shops and 16 kiosks was caused by electrical malfunctions.
According to LASEMA spokesman, Nosa Okunbor, the incident occurred in the early hours of Sunday from an unidentified shop.
Okunbor, however, said the agency and state fire service were able to salvaged properties worth millions of naira from being destroyed.
“Upon the arrival of the LASEMA Response Team, it was revealed that the inferno emanated from an unknown shop as a result of Electrical/Power surge thereby escalating to other shops on the array line.
“A total number of 16 kiosks and 14 shops were affected by the inferno whilst the rest of the shops were salvaged
“Properties and goods were salvaged by the Emergency Responders (Federal Fire, LASG Fire, Nigeria Police, and the LASEMA Response Team) as efforts were made to put out the inferno completely.”