September 27, 2020
  • September 27, 2020
  • Home
  • Top News
  • Lagos shut out Julius Berger from 4th Mainland Bridge project
4th mainland bridge

Lagos shut out Julius Berger from 4th Mainland Bridge project

By on August 17, 2020 0 265 Views

Lagos State Government has screened out construction giant, Julius Berger, and three other companies from the shortlisted firms for the construction of the proposed mainland bridge.
In the published list, the state showed preference for Chinese construction firms in the process of shortlisting of companies for the construction of the proposed fourth mainland bridge.
In a notice by the director-general, Lagos State Public Private Partnership, Ope George, the government screened out the companies through the technical and financial capacity evaluation process.
The Director said based on the strength of their technical and financial capacity; “the following applicants have been selected as the Pre-Qualified Bidders who are eligible for participation in the next stage of the selection/bidding process.”
The companies selected are; Mota-Engil and CCCC Consortium; CGGC-CGC Joint Venture; CCECC Nigeria Limited; China State Construction Engineering Corporation Nigeria Limited: Power Construction Corporation of China and IC ICTAS Insaat Sanayi ve Ticaret A.S.
Read Also: Lagos Shortlists 10 Firms To Partake In Construction Of 4th Mainland Bridge
The state said it will in due course announce the commencement of the next stage of the selection/bidding process, and issue the RfP to the shortlisted companies.
The state had in April announced the shortlisting of ten companies for the second stage of bid for the construction of the bridge, which is expected to link Island with the Ikorodu axis of the state.
The companies shortlisted in April, include Julius Berger Plc and nine others among companies that responded to the Expression of Interest (EOI) and applied for construction of the proposed bridge.
Last year, the World Bank and the African Development Bank (AfDB) had blacklisted some Chinese construction companies, many of them are actively involved in some projects in the country and are part of the shortlisted firms for the Lagos project.
The World Bank said the companies and several others around the world of violating the bank’s fraud and corruption policy.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sign For NewslettersFor News Updates Around The Globe!